…when I write about whatever pops into my head.
I love the way she still lays all over me. Most of the time.
And I throw in some pictures for good measure. Today’s photos are some summer leftovers that never made it off my camera until today. Let’s savor these last moments of summer while we’ve got them, eh? 😉
I love green
- I fought stainless steel water bottles for quite a while, and I’m still not willing to move entirely away from plastic. Too many little hands, too many cups used in a day – I’d never be able to keep up with all the broken glass and I’d never have enough room in my cabinets. Stackable plastic is still my friend. Still, I was looking for an alternative to disposable water bottles for the girls to take with them to ballet and games and wherever, not so much because I’m environmentally concerned, but because I got tired of throwing away 14 oz of that 16 oz bottle of water. A couple of weeks ago I found stainless steel bottles on sale at WalMart for $2 each, so I picked up a few and what do you know? The water actually tastes better from them! I’m still not abandoning my plastic cups, but I have come around on those darn hand-wash-only stainless steel bottles.
This is our old couch. We had it for eleven years. It wasn't much to look at, but ohmygoodness was it ever comfortable.
- My beloved, nearly silent dishwasher has started making a disturbing noise. I don’t like it. Not one bit.
I miss this couch. Not the looking at it, but the laying on it. *sigh*
- I’m so excited because I may have purchased our winter supply of chicken this week. Dillon’s was having a sale on it, half the price of Sam’s. So I stocked up. Woot! Now if my freezer would just cool back down from being defrosted, we’d be in really good shape.
Not at all sure what they were looking at...
- I’m always amazed at how some school days go ever-so-smoothly and some are like a slow death by mental torture. All things being equal, I cannot figure out what makes some days go so much better than others.
Marching along with the band
- I’m considering signing up for another half marathon. In Austin. In February. My thought is that it will keep me running through the nastiness that is a Kansas winter. My other thought is that it will keep me running through the nastiness that is a Kansas winter. I can’t decide.
One of the few things I make that I am "proud" of. I make these for the girls on their birthdays.
Well, I think that’s about it for me. What about you? What’s on your mind today?
She melts me.
Have a fantastic Wednesday, friends!
….when I write about whatever pops into my head and throw in some pictures just for kicks. Here we go….
Coco's First Parade
Lined up and ready for a parade!
- I have a definite limit on how many days in a row I can leave my house and still function well. I think I determined last week that that number is six. If you ask me to leave for the seventh day in a row, a meltdown is likely to ensue. Followed by gross schedule changes and hermit-like tendencies for a minimum of 24 to 48 hours. I’m better now.
Ellie & Her Flag
An ironic encounter - skinny, hairless, too long legs meets fat, furry, too short legs.
- Birthdays cause a whirlwind of energy in our home. Of course, so does someone ringing the doorbell, the UPS man delivering a package, the phone ringing, the dog barking… I live in a whirlwind of energy. For a low-key, practically only-child, it’s exhausting. This is why I drink so much coffee.
A firecracker in her own right
Standing for the Star Spangled Banner
- I’m embellishing this post with pictures from July 4th because I haven’t posted them yet. It’s my blog. I can do that. Even if it is August now. 🙂
Why would you do this to your dog?
- It’s been an amazingly hot summer. I’m a hot weather girl, but even I am about ready to admit that I’m ready for some cooler weather. I’m not admitting that yet, but I’m getting close. Multiple days of temps at or near 100 with heat indices of 105-115 tests even the most avid warm-weather-lover. It was actually hotter here yesterday than in Phoenix. I’m holding fast to my view that this is still preferable to February weather, but I concede that it.is.hot.
Not only do I know him - I'm related to him. Yikes.
Nothing says "Americana" like the Ranchero with a blow-up Uncle Sam in back!
- I’m not even sure why I buy grapes and apples in the summer. Those “ordinary” fruits just can’t compete with the cantaloupe, blueberries, cherries, peaches, watermelon, and pineapple that reside in the fridge during the warmer months. I feel kind of bad for them, especially when they rot and I watch myself throw all that money away.
Some American greatness
Our attempt at fireworks on a very WET July 4th evening.
Have a great Wednesday, friends!
…when I type about pretty much whatever pops into my head. 🙂
- I feel extremely industrious and virtuous when I have dinner prepared early in the day. It makes the late afternoon so much less stressful. I wonder why I don’t do this more often. Oh yeah, I know why. Because that would require me thinking ahead. 😛
- I went shorts shopping this afternoon. This is akin to bathing suit shopping, in my opinion. I.hate.it. Running for three years has NOT given me lean legs. Noooo….my thighs just keep getting bigger. They are toned and lovely. But big. Not thin. Very frustrating. The few shorts I have are either a) too tight, b) too long to be cute anymore, c) just plain old, or d) all of the above. Today I braved the department store, swallowed my pride and bought the size I need instead of the size I want to be, and now I can finally wear something other than skirts this summer.
- Recently, Matt was teasing me that I was pregnant. I’m not. And then a friend told me recently that they are expecting again. And that tiny flash of baby fever set in. Or maybe it was because I was in the sun too long. I don’t know. All I know is that I wish it was as easy as saying “we’re just having two and we’re done”. Or, in our case, “four and we’re done”. That would make my life each month a whoooole lot easier. I hate fence sitting for any reason. We’ve been on this fence quite a while. No clear direction is coming, so I guess we’ll maintain our perch on said fence and see if the Lord decides to surprise us someday or give us some sort of direction. Direction would be nice, Lord. Although, if you have more children in mind, a surprise might be the way to go. I don’t know. *sigh*
- The happy little sunflowers I bought last week are doing surprisingly poorly. I thought they liked heat and sun and dryness! I think I’ll be returning them this week.
Well, that’s all I can come up with. Have a great Wednesday, y’all!