…when I write about whatever pops into my head.
And I throw in some pictures for good measure. Today’s photos are some summer leftovers that never made it off my camera until today. Let’s savor these last moments of summer while we’ve got them, eh? 😉
- I fought stainless steel water bottles for quite a while, and I’m still not willing to move entirely away from plastic. Too many little hands, too many cups used in a day – I’d never be able to keep up with all the broken glass and I’d never have enough room in my cabinets. Stackable plastic is still my friend. Still, I was looking for an alternative to disposable water bottles for the girls to take with them to ballet and games and wherever, not so much because I’m environmentally concerned, but because I got tired of throwing away 14 oz of that 16 oz bottle of water. A couple of weeks ago I found stainless steel bottles on sale at WalMart for $2 each, so I picked up a few and what do you know? The water actually tastes better from them! I’m still not abandoning my plastic cups, but I have come around on those darn hand-wash-only stainless steel bottles.
- My beloved, nearly silent dishwasher has started making a disturbing noise. I don’t like it. Not one bit.
- I’m so excited because I may have purchased our winter supply of chicken this week. Dillon’s was having a sale on it, half the price of Sam’s. So I stocked up. Woot! Now if my freezer would just cool back down from being defrosted, we’d be in really good shape.
- I’m always amazed at how some school days go ever-so-smoothly and some are like a slow death by mental torture. All things being equal, I cannot figure out what makes some days go so much better than others.
- I’m considering signing up for another half marathon. In Austin. In February. My thought is that it will keep me running through the nastiness that is a Kansas winter. My other thought is that it will keep me running through the nastiness that is a Kansas winter. I can’t decide.
Well, I think that’s about it for me. What about you? What’s on your mind today?
Have a fantastic Wednesday, friends!
3 thoughts on “Random Wednesday…”
If you do the marathon you are more that welcome to stay here. We would love to have you (and as many of your crew as you want to bring).
Thanks, Jess! I’ll keep you posted!
The part about water bottles reminded me of this post:
We switched over last winter, and it has worked really well.